Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving

Elaine and I ate Thanksgiving dinner at Nancy & Danny's with Pop Pop, Mom & Don, Katherine, Adrienne, Christopher and Kel. The turkey was injected with juices and delicious; the sweet potatoes were meticulously topped with marshmallows by Christopher; Elaine made a superb pumpkin pie; and Mom made her famous rolls. Pop Pop regaled us with stories from the War, including how he won his Silver Star, and how he and Mom Mom met after the War. I told Danny about my old high school friends and I would scoff at the cold and strip down in the cold and make snow angels. Danny, being a little to the left of sober, took my story as a mandate to take off his shirt in the bitter cold, claiming it was too hot outside. Of course he questioned how I could bear to be out in the heat with a sweater and jacket on, so I had to take off my shirt to cool off. Christopher of course was horribly embarrassed by the resulting picture.



(click here to see all the pictures, or here for the slideshow)
(or here to see Don's pictures)

No comments: