Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Reunited


After a long week in Japan, our little family was reunited last Saturday, and now that I'm finally recovered from the jet lag, it's time for the blog post (plus since Owen's 4 month birthday is today, we thought it was time to put up a new picture).

I have to say, these international trips were a lot easier before Owen showed up. It was always tough to be apart from Elaine for a week, but she never increased her weight by 5% while I was gone, and somehow it never bothered me that I didn't see her roll over or improve her ability to grab things.

Technology helped close the distance while I was in Japan (Elaine emailed many pictures using my camera phone, and I was introduced to the beauty of Skype, which let us talk to each other from halfway around the world for free), but it really was no substitute for a hug. When Owen started day care, Elaine could of used one from me, and every day I could of used one from Owen.

As happy as I was to see Owen upon my return, the best part was how happy he was to see me. He smiled and laughed, and let me know that he missed his daddy.

No comments: