Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A watched pot …

Owen just pulled himself up. Sadly, I had my back to him when he pulled off this amazing feat, and while I diligently spent the next half hour attempting to coax him back into an upright position, the best I got was ¾ height.

This all happened today at daycare. I had just finished nursing him, and sat him on the ground next to me in order to put a couple of things back in his cubby. When I turned back, he was standing up while leaning against an ottoman and smiling beatifically at me.

What’s interesting is that the same thing happened the first time he rolled over. I was standing over him in a pack-n-play at his great aunt’s house, had turned to say something to someone and when I looked back, he was on his back. It took a couple of days being around him 24/7 until I was actually able to witness him in all his glory.

So another milestones has been missed, not because I’m at work and not around him enough, but because I have slow reflexes.

No comments: