Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Let the record show...

Owen has apparently mastered playing purposefully with toys. We know this because he received an "M" for "plays purposefully with toys" on his first progress report from daycare. We receive updates periodically on Owen's development and have even had conferences a few times with his caretakers, but this is the first time that a letter grade has been attached to his ability to try and manage his own behavior (he got a "D" for developing on that one). We're not really sure what to make of it all, and we're not sure how accurate it is -- trust me, "Owie" is beyond "beginning" to refer to himself by name -- but we thought that you might find it as amusing as we did.

1 comment:

mikawendy said...

Holy cow, letter grades in preschool?!?!

This reminds me of the time in kindergarten that my parents were asked to bring me to school on a teacher work day because I wasn't learning to skip and gallop like the rest of my class.