Saturday, September 22, 2007

Hook 'em Horns & Hanging Chads

The results of our unofficial poll are in and it appears that a plurality of our loyal readers feel that Owen should grace the hallowed halls of his parents', paternal grandparents' and Jenna Bush's alma mater and attend the University of Texas at Austin. However, this vote is not without controversy as I found myself unable to vote for Northwestern on Friday, despite the website claiming there were still 4 hours left to cast a ballot. Allen informed me that voting had closed on Thursday, that I'd had more than enough time to vote for NU if I'd really wanted to, and besides, much like our electoral college system, Owen wasn't bound by the popular vote. I still think it's a bit suspicious, but as Northwestern tied with William & Mary for second place, I've decided to let it go.

Thanks to all of you that voted for Texas, Northwestern, William & Mary and for our write-ins of Virginia Tech and St. Ambrose. Sadly, the University of Iowa didn't receive a single vote, even from the Marshalltown Gradys who gave Owen the Hawkeye onesie. I wonder how it will effect its U.S. New and World Report Rankings...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea - I get Owen in Austin. At 73, I think I'll still have a little pep, but at the very least, he'll get a few good meals!

Nana

Anonymous said...

I couldn't figure out how the "Other" category worked and was pretty distracted with other pressing matters anyway. However, I would have voted for either West Point or the College of Cardinals. They both could use an agent for change.

Dad Z