Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008 - The Year in Phrases

We were originally going to do, "The Year in Language," for our annual retrospective and list all the words that Owen now says. But that would require more typing that we're willing to do -- Owen's vocabulary was over 200 words before his birthday and has been increasing exponentially since -- and wouldn't make for the most fascinating of blog posts anyway. So instead, we've decided to share some of our favorite (and most used) phrases uttered in 2008:

  1. Don't touch my haircut.
  2. I too big for Daddy to carry.
  3. Mommy, go cook something.
  4. Thank you for cooking, Mommy.
  5. It's very delicious.
  6. It's fine.
  7. I'm putting stars on the window.
  8. Daddy doesn't go to church.
  9. I hurt my butt.
  10. Don't eat me.
  11. I'm conducting.
  12. That's forbidden, Mommy.
  13. It's party time!
  14. Move back.
  15. I need my privacy.
  16. I did a great job singing.
  17. I like to move it, move it.
  18. The camel waited for me.
  19. Watch out for doggy poop.
  20. Watch out for zebra poop.
  21. I'm doing stuff.
  22. I want to watch the muppet dvd.
  23. I'm a sleepy lion.
  24. I'm a waking up lion!
  25. I have lots of gas.
  26. Silly, Daddy.
  27. Don't be silly, Mommy, the Hinkel-Horn-Honker is for waking up.
  28. We're just hanging out here.
  29. Wahhhhh....you better get a tissue.
  30. I don't want to be crying.
  31. Don't get the boogers out.
  32. I cough a lot, Mommy.
  33. I don't know.
  34. Don't do me now.
  35. I need to build a tall tall tower.
  36. I need to knock down a tall tall tower.
  37. It's dark in here everybody!
  38. We're inside the Capitol everybody!
  39. I better get my pasta out of my pocket.
  40. You did a great job everybody.
  41. I look pretty...I look beautiful.
  42. See you later alligator.
  43. After awhile crocodile.
  44. You better wait right there daddy.
  45. I'll be right back.
  46. I want my blue bee bee bee and my orange bee bee bee.
  47. Excuse me, you're on my parking lot.

2 comments:

Elaine M. Zimmerman said...

Where is
"move it, move it, move it"?

Don and Sharon

Allen A. Fawcett said...

Number 17 of course.