Sunday, November 19, 2023

Venice

Venice 2023

After failed attempts to travel to ether the IPCC AR6 SYR approval session in Interlaken or the IPCC Scenarios Workshop in Thailand due passport and visa issues, I finally was able to take my first international trip for work since the pandemic. Lucky for me that first trip was to the IAMC Annual Meeting in Venice, Italy along with Leon's Green Macroeconomic Workshop ahead of the IAMC. The workshop was great, and a really wonderful chance to catch up with colleagues from around the world. Especially nice was the chance to to take some walking meetings with Karen, Jen, Joe and Jim, and of course some amazing dinners! The exciting news that I can write about now through the magic of backdating this post is that PNNL offered me the position of Director of the Joint Global Change Research Institute while I was in Venice. I accepted the position, but had to keep it quiet the rest of the trip as the news wasn't public yet. I was able to have a nice dinner discussion with Gokul who was in the loop, but had to keep my lips sealed talking with all the other JGCRI staff and collaborators at the meeting. All told it was a great trip, and I can look forward to next year's IAMC in South Korea! 

Venice 2023

(click here for all the pictures)

No comments: