Sunday, October 22, 2006

Fun n' Games

Owen turned two months old on Friday, and hints of the new and improved interactive Owen are starting to emerge. I've always felt I was better with kids and babies once they were old enough to play with, and while Owen has been ridiculously adorable these past two months, I can't help but think things will be more fun once we're able to play and interact with each other. Elaine is great with newborns, but I can't help but think that playtime will be daddy's time to shine (we know where are comparative advantages are;-).

This past month we've started to develop a few little games. Owen likes it when I hold him and we look at ourselves in the mirror, and when he's in a really good mood he'll laugh when I smile and make funny faces. Another 'game' he likes is the standing game. The rules are really pretty simple, I hold Owen up with his feet on my lap, and he stands up supporting his own weight while I help him keep his balance. We don't keep score, but as long as he's smiling and exercising those legs, I figure we're both winners.

The newest game is flying time, which is best illustrated with a picture:


The game is pretty self explanatory, and I think the next picture will show just how much he likes it:



"Daddy that was so much fun I can't decide if I should smile or spit up all over you, so I think I'll do both!"