Tuesday, January 03, 2006

And an iPod for everyone under the tree...

We finally celebrated Christmas at Mom's house on Friday (five days after Christmas). Katherine, who always wants to wait as long as possible to open her presents, was thrilled about the delay. Katherine, Mom, Don, Elaine and myself all gathered together Friday afternoon to open presents, Squirrel & Garcon played with each other, and later that evening Jeff & Krysta and Nancy & Danny joined us for our belated but delicious Christmas dinner.

This Christmas Elaine and I both received iPods (mine a 60GB iPod from Mom for a joint X-Mas and B-Day present, and Elaine's a 4GB Nano from me). I'd been reluctant to make the move from cd's to digital music mainly because my old computer was down to less than a gigabyte of free space on it's hard drive, but a new laptop lifted that constraint a few months ago, and the new iPods looked too good to pass up. Elaine's biggest thrill this whole thing is that we can finally box up some of our cd's and free up a tremendous amount of shelf space. That of course will have to wait a bit as I'm slogging through the process of ripping 600 cd's.

On Saturday Elaine and I had a little New Year's party at our place with Brandon & Anneke and Shane & Laura, and 67% of us found iPods under our Christmas trees. Then on the way to work to day I noticed quite a few new white earbuds on the metro. Finally my suspicions that Steve Jobbs had stolen the Santa contract away from the elves was confirmed when I went to the EPA gym today and every single one of the five people working had a brand new iPod with them.

(click here to see all the pictures from Christmas in MD, or here for the slideshow)

No comments: