Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day (or there abouts)

IMG_1631.JPG
I wasn't planning on writing a Father's Day post this year. Apparently, this is something of a tradition for me, for while I did write one in 2010 (although it was the second in a series and Allen wrote the first part), Allen has authored all other blog entries related to paternal commemorations (see 2007, 2008, and 2009).  Allen grew tired of this tradition (he has dutifully written a Mother's Day post every year) and as I was only passively celebrating it, I didn't notice that we didn't have a post for Father's Day 2011. As Father's Day 2012 past without any mention on this website, Allen grew annoyed. He grew hurt. He grew insistant.

And so because Allen is an amazing father and beloved by his children and we did celebrate this on June 17, 2012 by taking him and Grandpa Fawcett out for a lovely brunch at Smith Commons, giving him a Ryan Zimmerman jersey, and then letting him watch the Nats-Yankees game undisturbed (they lost, which made the fact that they were sold out by the time I looked into getting tickets less of a tragedy), I hereby do declare this to be his official Father's Day post. Even if it's a few days late.   

No comments: