Saturday, July 27, 2013

Snowmass in July

Untitled

Every summer there is a climate and energy conference in Snowmass that a group my friends and colleagues attend, but for one reason or another I've never managed to make it.  We've of course done plenty of skiing at Snowmass in the winter, but I've always wanted to make it out for the summer Snowmass conference.  Well this year the stars finally aligned, and while I couldn't manage to bring the rest of the family, I managed to make it out there for a great conference and a few lovely days in the mountains.  I didn't have much free time, but each morning I woke up early and took some lovely hikes up the slopes to some familiar spots that seemed so strangely different on the opposite side of our orbit around the sun.

Untitled

No comments: