Sunday, May 15, 2022

DCYOP Stars


After a morning of volunteering to sign in runners for the Classic, Nora had quick pitstop at home to have lunch, shower and change into concert attire before heading over to the U-DC for their DCYOP spring concert. The concert was for beginning to intermediate string ensembles with a special guest virtuoso.

Nora wasn't a huge fan of Fiesta Mexican, and while they liked Power Shift, their clear favorite on their program was She Will Hang the Night With Stars, which was based on a poem by Oscar Wilde which includes the line,
Nature....she will hang the night stars so that I may walk abroad in the darkness without stumbling, and send word the wind over my footprints so that none may track me to my hurt: she will cleanse me in great waters, and with bitter herbs make me whole.
Enjoy!

No comments: